Lately, infographics has taken the internet world by storm. It is even benefited by several types of businesses, may it be an IT company, a hotel, a restaurant, a school, a carpet cleaning company or a travel agency. But what is really an infographic? How can it benefit a business? What are the characteristics of an effective infographic? Well, read along to be enlightened.
An infographic is identified as a visual presentation of information, data or knowledge. It uses design elements to exhibit the content of difficult messages in order to be effortlessly understood and grasped by the reader. An infographic is like a “picture book” of information, data or knowledge.
Infographics are very reader-friendly, entertaining and educational tools. They are functional in creating content, blogs, newsletters, annual reports and presentations. However, to fully catch the interest of the readers, an infographic must be effective. Effective infographics will definitely seize the attention of readers since they can obtain information from these visual elements in a glance, no need for reading content with thousands of words. At times, whether you agree or not, readers opt for a visually appealing than a text-based content. Infographics also create a sense of reliability because of its integrated numbers and statistics.
Nowadays, the majority of individuals are visual learners. Therefore, they benefit from infographics and sooner or later, you and your business will benefit from infographics as well.
Employing an infographic work excellently for content marketing for these reasons:
- Easy to make. Sometimes, an infographic is easier to create than writing a new, long content.
- Attention grabber. An infographic has the capability to mesmerize the audience while words alone sometimes fail.
- Boosts search marketing. An infographic works brilliantly in search engines. If somebody publicizes your infographic and presents a link back to your site, you win.
- Can be shared effortlessly. There are lots of businesses that spend a great amount of money on infographics for their readers to get a hold of their message but do not offer them a choice to share it on various social media platforms. It is very imperative that when you post an infographic on your site, it must be installed with a sharing widget.
- Increases brand exposure and awareness. To augment your brand exposure and awareness, attach your logo and your website link on the infographic.
- Poses you as an expert or specialist. An infographic demonstrates your knowledge and familiarity with a specific subject and your expertise in a field.
At the moment, you are now enlightened with the significance of an infographic and how it became a huge trend in all different types of businesses. But how can you generate your personalized infographics? Certainly, you can make use of templates that are common on many websites; but in general, the most effective infographics are the ones that you produce yourself. The following are helpful rules to get started:
- Take time to plan, sketch and brainstorm
- Know when to be elaborate and when to keep it simple
- Tell a good story with your design
- Maintain order to avoid confusion
- Developing a visual strategy
- Use humor
- View the infographic through the eyes of your target audience
Share this Infographic On Your Site
Please include attribution to AnnexCore with this graphic.