Marketing and selling wine has become a difficult task with today’s saturated wine market, an industry that was previously only sales-focused with tasting events, contests, fairs and tradeshows. Now the industry is evolving alongside the internet, utilizing eCommerce and e-mail marketing to increase sales beyond the local vinophiles to find connoisseurs nation-wide and internationally.
eCommerce Platform for Selling Wine
The task of selecting between eCommerce platforms use to be an easy task, mainly because there weren’t many. Now the landscape has changed, there are multiple vendors, all with their benefits and drawbacks. This can become confusing for a wine company owner, who is dedicated to the craft of just producing amazing wine. Which is why we’ve specialized our services for all types of wineries from white & red wine producers, to champagne & sparkling wine brewers.
To specialize our service, we’ve focused our expertise around the Nexternal Winery eCommerce platform. A solution that is robust enough to handle all the demands of a modern day wine producer. Just look at some of the features:
- Shipping Restriction – Lets you control which states can receive your wine. In addition, allows you to specify limits, controlling how much wine gets sent to specific states.
- IDologoy – Age verification integration to make sure customers are at least 21 years of age.
- Multiple Sales Tax Levels – Have the ability to set taxes according to the requirement of each state, county, and jurisdiction.
Wine Club Management
- There is a general suite of tools that allows you to designate different customer types, and creating wine club orders (bulk ordering). In addition, offer special pricing for club members only.
- Nexternal’s Wine Inventory management system makes certain you don’t over sell any of your wines with special inventory control tools.
- Wine Search Engines – The platform integrates seamlessly with Wine-Searcher.com, Snooth.com and a few others to make sure your wines are indexed daily.
- MailChimp Integration – Nexternal integrates easily with Mailchimp to offer robust e-mail marketing with list segmentation to offer special wines to special groups of people.
- Flexible Coupon System – The ability to have creative marketing campaigns through specialized promotions that have deadlines
Shipping & Fulfillment
- Nexternal integrates easily with larger shippers like FedEx, UPS, etc.. and allows printing of labels directly from the system. In addition, it creates an “Adult Signature Required” feature and provide the customers the tracking numbers through e-mail for personal records.
- Batch Processing – To reduce fees it can process outstanding orders at once including credit cards and shipping labels.
- Payment gateway integrations – Integration with major payment gateways.
There are dozens of more features, but instead of going them all, as they are constantly updates, visit the full feature list HERE!