For non-profit organizations, MailChimp is a must-have resource. Mailchimp makes it incredibly simple to send amazing emails that attract the attention a non-profit company needs. Mailchimp not only helps produce emails that pop, but they also help organizations and groups to track campaigns and manage their subscriber mailing lists. Mailchimp is a growing service with hundreds of thousands of clients from some of the smallest startup organizations to large companies in the Fortune 500.
Mail Chimp offers its clients easy to implement resources that can be useful for both beginners and experts alike. The resources that are available offer targeted tools for specific industries. This provides services that can be used in any business or organization. Mailchimp is consistently adding new services and features for their customers, providing advanced technology and additions to make their service second to none.
MailChimp works tirelessly to provide non-profit groups with outstanding tools to create newsletters that impress. No non-profit wants to send out a boring newsletter that will prove to be lackluster in its approach. With MailChimp, businesses and organizations need not worry, because their newsletters will look both professional and appealing, opening up a huge audience with little effort.
Our clients often ask just how Mailchimp can help a non-profit organization. Most non-profit organizations have a dedicated staff. Organizations may have members, volunteers, and even a board of directors. These people are all needing and wanting to hear from the organization. Mailchimp makes it easier than ever for non-profits to stay in touch with their staff, members, volunteers, and board of directors.
MailChimp makes it easy to send everyone involved in the organization the same message. This saves time and makes sending multiple messages a thing of the past. Mailchimp even has the technology to allow organizations to choose what messages go out to what groups. The organization can easily select the receivers of the message and omit those that they do not want to send a message to. This puts the power back into the hands of the non-profit, making things run much more efficiently.
Every non-profit needs MailChimp. Purely and simply, it just makes sense to have this powerful and easy to use tool. The integrations of this resource assist non-profits in doing their jobs and saving time. For organizations that accept donations on their sites, Mailchimp is a must. Mailchimp allows donations that are sent through PayPal to automatically add contact details, so that the visitor can be added to the organization’s mailing list. This adds new customers easier than ever before. Each time a donation is made, that customer’s information is added into the system.
In today’s world of marketing, social marketing is imperative for any organization. Mailchimp has worked to integrate some of the best social sharing tools to help non-profits spread the word very quickly about their organizations. This allows for the sharing of events, news, and email campaigns through the social giants of Facebook, Twitter, and other sites.
There is no limit to what social sharing can do for an organization and Mailchimp wants to make sure that its clients have the best tools to help them succeed in fostering a community spirit. Not only does Mailchimp provide tools for the organization to share information socially, but it also allows the customers and members to do the same. This creates an endless stream of publicity for the organization.
The most exciting part about Mailchimp is that it is 100% free for lists that include up to 2,000 members or customers! Most of our clients cannot believe that Mailchimp offers this service at no cost. This free service does not offer a watered-down version, but the complete and powerful system. Organizations are given complete access to all of the tools and features that make Mailchimp the go-to resource for non-profits.
Clients will have access to all of the powerful tools including social sharing tools, advanced reports, and interaction resources through PayPal, Salesforce, and more. This amazing resource is available for any non-profit organization and it is making the operation of these organizations more successful than they ever dreamed.
We would like to provide a guide to help our clients get started with this great program. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our helpful support staff and they will be glad to offer you assistance.
Create Your List
Creating a list is the first and most important task that you will complete when getting started with MailChimp. It is simple to quickly create a list and these instructions will help you to easily accomplish this.
- Go to the lists tab and click on the create list button.
- You will need to fill out all of the setup details and then scroll down and click on save.
Import Your List
Once your list has been setup, it is time to add in all of the names of your subscribers. If you have a spreadsheet, it is easy to import the list. If you are just starting out, it is still a simple process. You can upload your subscribers in four different ways:
- Upload a CSV file
- Copy/Paste it from Excel
- Import the list directly from sources such as: Google Docs, Salesforce, and other sources
- Manually enter each name with the name, email address, and any other data (separated by commas)
Once the list is imported, Mailchimp makes it easy to map your subscribers. All you need to do is to use the pull-down menu that sits above each column. You will choose a name and type. Once the lists are mapped, you only need to scroll down and click on all done. This will import all of your lists of subscribers. After the import is completed, you will be given the opportunity to view all of the email addresses that were added into your list. You will also be able to view any addresses that were not added.
- Go to your list tab and click on create new list.
- Enter your setting information and go to the next screen. You will need to choose add groups to my list. Setup the groups fields and then import the list. It’s that simple.
If you already have a list established, you can go to your lists tab and click on settings, groups, then create groups, and then add your group field title and your choices. Remember to only import your interest groups after setting up your groups field.
This step allows you to add in interest groups. Mailchimp can automatically add in check boxes and other tools to make it easy to send specialized mailings to certain subscribers.
Sending to Groups
Once you are ready to send your newsletter campaign, you will just need to click on Send to the Segment of List. You will then choose the group by Is Interested-one of-group. You can choose by location so that certain campaigns will only go to certain demographic areas.
Create Your First Campaign
Once your list is all prepared, you will be ready to create your campaign.
- From your dashboard, you will need to click on the create campaign button. You will choose the type of campaign that you want to create.
- You will select the list that you want the campaign to be sent to. You can scroll through your subscribers using the next and back buttons, or you can select send to all.
- Name your campaign. Fill in the personalized fields that create the subject, from name, and reply email.
- Select a template for your campaign. You can start from scratch, select a pre-designed template, or a premium one.
- Any templates that you create will be saved under My Templates. If you are using your own codes, you can use the paste/import HTML or the Import URL options. By choosing Code Custom Templates, you can create an editable campaign for your customers.
- Design Genius can help you if you are starting from scratch.
- Once your template has been chosen, Design Editor will allow you to create styles and content. Here you can select tabs for different options such as, line height, font size, and more. Clicking in the red box allows you to add content. Then click save.
- After you have saved your content, click next. Review your material and if you are happy with the result, click next. This moves you to the last step of Campaign Builder.